Tuesday, January 13, 2009

RSS and Web 2.0

I must admit that the web has become much more user friendly than it used to be! As I think back to my experience in high school with web design, we had to learn a little bit of basic html code and then the teacher allowed us to play with the DreamWeaver program along with some Flash. It was a lot of work to put something that looked good up on the internet. Now with Web 2.0 its just a few clicks and all of a sudden, everything is up from pictures to links to RSS feeds. I think I would be very likely to create a password protected blog for my classroom (since there are so many privacy issues in the world today) and I would encourage parents to use the RSS feature to subscribe to the blog. It would definitely help me keep in contact with my parents as I update the blog, they are informed of the change. It is amazing that the world of technology is progressing so quickly. Now if everyone had a web-enabled Blackberry, parents would really know immediately when the blog was updated. (Had to plug the Blackberry.)

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you that the web is becoming more user friendly. The instructions and tutorials really helped me. I just never knew of all of the cool possibilities out there. I think the difficult thing is knowing what great things we can incorporate into our teaching and where to find them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a good idea to keep in touch with the parents through a blog, it's a great way to get them involved with their kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally agree about blogging with/for parents! :) and i love that you had to put a plug in for your blackberry...OH BROTHER! :)

    ReplyDelete