Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Idea for Technology-Enhanced Lesson

Tomorrow I am actually teaching a math lesson on measurement (for 3rd grade.) With the Promethean board at my disposal - I believe it will be good for me to use that in my lesson. Tonight, I will use ActivStudio 3 in order to create a "flipchart" to present to the class tomorrow. The class has already been measuring one of those alligators that grows when you put it in water - and we will be focusing on teaching the students how to use the 1/4 inch, 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch marks effectively. So I beleive that I will get a very large ruler and put it up on the board and then demonstrate things that we can measure on the board. It is nice because I can make notes on the Promethean board and then clear them off as needed. Students are then able to see where they should be mentally drawing the lines. Then the students will be making graphs of the growth they have recorded of their alligators. I will probably put up an example of that as well on the board to show them what the computer can show them in a graph made my the computer. So there will be a bit of technology involved in the lesson tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a great idea! be sure to get pictures (without kids faces) so that you can complete your report.

    ReplyDelete