Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Technology Inventory Findings

I must say to begin with that Spring Creek Elementary ROCKS when it comes to technology. In the classroom that I am in right now I have access to a plethora of different technologies. I even have a Promethean Board! That is my favorite things to use right now. I was observed today for one of my lessons and I used it and it worked flawlessly...actually I used it for two of the lessons that I did today. It is amazing what technology can do! This morning, it was an inside day and so my mentor teacher had me turn on an educational show for the students to watch before the day started. I just can't imagine not having a "wired" classroom! I have the TV/VCR/DVD Player, Promethean Board, CD Player, 7 computers and the teacher has her own laptop - of course I have my own laptop as well!

I have spoken with some of my other friends in other classrooms at different schools and one of my friends told me that she did not even have a computer in the classroom! Even though she was working with a grade younger than mine (I'm in 3rd) it is interesting to see the inequality even among Provo Schools when it comes to technology. But I must say, getting the longer end of the stick...I'm not complaining! =)

2 comments:

  1. I also LOVE the Promethean board! BIG fan! This is my first real interaction with one and it is such a neat tool for learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I taught orchestra there for a while last year! My friend was the teacher...is still actually, but last year I subbed for her while she was in her cohorts!

    ReplyDelete